- This event has passed.
HAPI Summer Immersion Program With the Aeta Community in Mt. Haduan
April 27, 2019 - April 28, 2019
PROPOSED ITINERARY FOR APRIL 27-28, 2019
ETD 6 AM DAU BUS TERMINAL (I CAN ARRANGE A VAN TO PICK UP 15 PARTICIPANTS)
ETA 6:30AM DROP OFF AREA GATE 14, CDC, CSEZ FINAL INSTRUCTIONS OF THE AETA GUIDE
ETD 7:00AM TREK TO THE ENTRANCE OF THE AETA ANCESTRAL DOMAIN AREA/SCENIC TOUR OF THE LAHAR AFFECTED AREAS
ETA 8:AM VISIT TO THE COMMUNAL VILLAGE PROPOSED DEPOSITORY ROOM
ETD 9AM TREE PLANTING
ETD 10AM TREK DOWNHILL TOWARDS THE COMMUNAL STREAM BED
ETA 10:45 HADUAN WATER FALLS
REST 15 MINS
1PM – BACK AT THE CHIEFTAIN HOUSE
ETD 3PM FOR THE PICK UP AREA
ETA 4PM DAU BUS TERMINAL
GUIDELINES ON VISITATIONS AND DONATIONS
- We are only visiting the nearest community, Sitio Haduan and they are the recipient of this proposal but we are going to use the communal entry point in Gate 14 hence we have to donate at the sentry Php 50 as community fund for each person who is coming with us.
- If you intend to swim and trek, make sure you have the right gear with you. I strongly discourage people who have common cold or sniffle to come with us. If there will be participants who are medicating i.e. hypertension and such most probably you cannot come and partake in the trek to the waterfall.
- Most of the heavy stuff that needs to be brought up will be arranged by a Carabao to ferry in, about Php 400 is the fee but otherwise people in the community will go down and help us to carry it.
- On donating PRE-LOVED ITEMS:
- CLOTHES – please make sure that these items are wearable (do not give rags or ready to be thrown clothes and please refrain from donating your USED underwear and socks that clearly should not be used). Clothes have to be washed as the clothes you have previously worn may have viruses that can affect the community specially children who are not vaccinated.
- SHOES/SLIPPERS – your common sense will let you know if what you are giving can be used, do not send stiletto shoes nor slippers without a pair of shoes/slippers that needed the expertise of a repairman and mostly grown men will only have a shoe size of SIZE 6.
- TOYS – children really love toys but please refrain from giving dolls without heads, missing an arm or leg or giving broken toys.
- BOOKS – books that are always in good condition is much preferred than the ones where pages are missing or all of it are falling apart.
- WORKBOOK/SCHOOL SUPPLIES – please have them on sets so that all the children will be called and be given their share. The list will be provided.
- All other issues and concern please let me know ahead of time.